Over 20 years of leadership and management experience in manufacturing operations. Strong portfolio of achievements that includes cost reductions, new line startup and commisioning, 180-degree turnarounds for under-performing operations, and significant quality, safety, productivity, and efficiency improvements.
During my performance-driven career, I have been recognized for my ability to meet and consistently exceed high targets and I have been applauded for my work and production levels.
Recruited to progressively challenging and responsible positions, I have had diverse opportunities to contribute to corporate growth and profitability.
- My track record in business and process improvement has helped enhanced performance and reputation of number of companies.
- I fully understand the challenges inherent in creating and maintaining a dynamic team environment, as well as the importance of globally competitive process development, and operational excellence.
- I have demonstrated my skills and process improvement ability through successfully eliminating production bottle necks, continuous process improvement, training programs, quality programs, manufacturing operations managements, operations turnarounds, process optimization, lean manufacturing cost reduction, plant assessments, quality audits, team building and over-all communication.
- I have continuously contributed my leadership skills in a corporate setting, while managing the process, motivating and empowering team members and juggling multiple projects. I am a proficient manager and profit minded leader.
- Experienced in multilevel and Siempelkamp continuous production lines, and in working in unionized, and non unionized environment.
- Most significantly, I have positioned my employers as the market leaders in all tasks.
Andrzej also knows about:
Negotiation, Business Process Improvement, Leadership, Quality System, Preventive Maintenance, Global Operations, Strategic Planning, Manufacturing Operations Management, Team Building, Business Strategy, Logistics, Contract Negotiation, Inventory Management, Pricing.
Weyerhaeuser OSB, Edson, AB
April 2013 – Present (11 months)
• Works with department managers to develop and maintain business manufacturing priorities and strategies.
• Leading employees effectively in management systems, process improvements, safety and projects.
• Works with process reliability through understanding and implementation of process control techniques. Reliability activities includes: continuous improvement, waste, quality, uptime, and maintenance.
• Assists in the annual capital needs assessment and in the development of the capital five-year plan.
• Actively supports all plant projects to ensure implementation process is successful and cost effective.
• Continuously improving the organizational capacity to deliver both business and unit target results.
FPInnovations – Wood Product Division, QC
2007 – 2012 (5 years)
FPInnovations is the world’s largest private not-for-profit forest research institute, with the goal of strengthening the Canadian forest sector’s global competitiveness through research, knowledge transfer and implementation.
Set up contacts and linkages between the Ontario industry, the provincial government and end-users.
• Worked with the province and other stakeholders to identify and work on initiatives that further the interests of the stakeholders.
• Provided technical support and advisory services to the forest products industry focusing on Ontario, but also in other provinces as required.
• Developed new business opportunities and provided business advice to the wood sector.
• Supported and advised on business improvements and recommended and assisted with the implementation of new technology or practices that contributed to the growth of the wood industry.
• Analyzed statistics, prepared reports, and presented information to audiences having diverse interests that included: Industrial Associations, Companies and Government representatives
• Transferred technical information and research results of FPInnovations’ various research programs, and managed specific projects and programs.
• Helped increase the membership base and provided opportunities for funding relationships through establishing networks and alliances.
• Developed relationships with government and industry management.
• Provided visibility and support for FPInnovations activities, and assisted senior management in attaining FPInnovations’ greater objectives.
• Directed networks and alliances designed to serve the strategic direction of FPInnovations.
IKEA Trading Services Canada Inc, Toronto, ON
2002 – 2007 (5 years)
Analyzed manufacturing setups and made sound recommendations to improve production line quality and productivity. Initiated a production line efficiency programs at a solid wood and flat line furniture suppliers. Developed and participated in management training, altered equipment layout to create improved production flow, defined quality standards, identified critical parts list and improved shipping and receiving areas. Audited and analyzed suppliers’ environments ensuring that product quality, working conditions, and environmental performance standards consistently met IKEA’s standards. Developed a good understanding of quality and environmental management systems. Identified and evaluated the effectiveness of supplier corrective action plans regarding product quality and safety & environmental issues. Ensured on-time, efficient, cost-effective and reliable flow of goods from suppliers to IKEA Distribution Centers in North America and Europe. Developed a solid understanding of both local and international legislation regarding wood, including health and safety, and material laws. Reviewed and communicated forecasted product needs for six IKEA suppliers. Effectively increased production volume by 25 to 30% and quality by 8%. Planned and managed product introductions and exits.
WABI Development, Englehart, ON
2001 – 2002 (1 year)
• Spearheaded the vision, strategy and execution of modifications to Forming Lines, Forming Heads, press recipes enhancement, new resin trials with European resin manufacturer, gluing process improvement and new products opportunities.
• Wismar Germany Egger OSB plant.
• Modified blending system and substantially reduced resin consumption in both surface and core layers, resulting in considerable cost savings -15%
• Identified and effectively corrected a series of process concerns such as:
– Pallmann modifications (minimized fines production);
– Wet Bin modifications (eliminated surges and jamming);
– Forming Line improvements (improved mat uniformity, forming heads set up, fines distribution, and increased line speed 10—15%);
– Press cycle enhancement (modified press recipes to eliminate delamination problems).
• Produced special OSB products intended for the Japanese market.
Lamwood Products (1996) Ltd., Toronto, ON
2000 – 2001 (1 year)
• Effectively managed day-to-day operations of a 170, 000sq/ft facility and 30mln turnover.
• Trained, scheduled and led a staff of 50 – 60 employees.
• Established procedures for purchasing, inventory management, and set up maintenance programs.
• Resolved union issues and doubled plant production level in only one year.
Rexwood Products (1996) Ltd., New Liskeard, ON
1998 – 2000 (2 years)
Returned company to profitability, reporting directly to the company President. Brought on board to create organization capable of having its systems designed to facilitate production schedule, and customers and market demands.
• Oversaw plant operations including production, maintenance, and an employee base of over 120 in a 600,000 sq/ft facility.
• Identified best practices and implemented systems that improved bottom-line results, including long-range strategic planning, established global competitiveness program, lowered production cost and improved board quality.
• Returned company to profitability through strategic and efficient restructuring.
Played a key role as part of the plant management team in establishing effective policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
• Orchestrated 24 different construction and equipment modification projects that quadrupled production levels.
Kronopol, Zary, Poland
1995 – 1998 (3 years)
• With Siempelkamp Team and other consultants, commissioned and started the world’s first OSB continuous press build by Siempelkamp.
• Identified, initiated and coordinated process improvements and enhanced press recipes.
• Wrote and delivered training programs on every aspect of the OSB process.
• Trained entire management team.
Grant Forest Products, Englehart, ON
1987 – 1996 (9 years)
• Maintained board properties and specifications through adjustments to Forming Line and pressing cycles. Developed press recipes to enhance board properties and increase pressing efficiency. Came up with ideas to improve forming and gluing.
919 62A Street
Weekdays 9AM – 5PM